Responses to Week 6 presentations

For this assignment, I chose to review Alex’s presentation on Melanoma and Damaris’ presentation on household chores.

Melanoma by Alex: You first really caught my attention using the cartoon graphic on your first slide. Nice work with that. I also liked slide #4 that has the stages of melanoma and the graphic of different types of melanoma on slide 5. The only recommendation I would make is to improve the photo quality you use in your presentation. #20 on the evaluation form on page 602 says “graphics were easy to see” and some of the images were low quality and kind of blurry. But overall, you selected the main points to cover about melanoma and chose great graphics that really catch the attention of the audience and make you think twice about taking care of your skin. Good job with this assignment.

Household chores by Damaris: I like that you gave an introductory slide that covers what you will be covering in the presentation. On slide 4 I was a little confused on the graphic of the fire in the fire pit and the green boxes with arrows leading to the stove. The graphics you chose were visually appealing and you used a nice variety of photos. They were easy to see, easy to understand, and looked professional (Markel, p. 603). For the purpose of this class and since we are not experiencing live presentations, it would be nice to have read a couple of sentences about each type of technology and how it supports innovation. I know they always say to limit words and characters in powerpoint presentations, but there were some pieces of kitchen equipment that I’ve never seen before and it would have been nice to know what they were. Overall, good job!